Alumna Justine Jentes, Associate Campaign Director at Illinois Institute of Technology, notified us of the following job opportunity:
The Project Manager, working closely with the Associate Campaign Director, will be responsible for project management functions related to the management of IIT’s $250M campaign.
The Project Manager (PM) is a self-starting and self-managing individual. The PM is someone who not only completes tasks necessary to keep a project on its timeline, but someone who also pushes others on the project team for deliverables. The PM is detail oriented, process-driven, and meets deadlines. It is expected that the PM will meet the high expectations for professionalism, service and quality that this office strives to achieve. The PM works with the Campaign Management Team and ensures effective communications for the CMT and IA.
- Campaign Project Management: Serve as project manager for all Campaign projects, defining requirements and project specifications, driving project deliverables, delivering outstanding results on schedule and budget, and ensuring effective internal communications between AVPs, VP and IA. Anticipate and catch deviations from this plan.
- Meeting Planning and Communications: Working with the Associate Campaign Director, prepare for weekly project meetings and meetings of Campaign volunteers, including all materials, presentations, and meeting logistics. Work and communicate with Trustees, Faculty, Sr. University Leadership, and any other contacts throughout the Campaign process.
- Campaign Reporting: In collaboration with the Campaign Management Team, prepare documents that help monitor and manage activity. Maintain and update all project planning documents and fundraising reports and create new reports as needed. Ensure that actions are being fulfilled and documented, and that this information is communicated to the CMT in a timely manner.
- Education & Experience: Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience in a communications, marketing or non-profit environment required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Project Management training or certification preferred Preferred Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or other fundraising database technology a plus.
- Certifications & Licenses: Project Management training or certification preferred
SALARY: $50,000 – $65,000