SENIOR WRITER, PRINCIPAL GIFTS
The Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, IL is currently seeking a Senior Writer, Principal Gifts in the Office of Institutional Advancement.
The Senior Writer, Principal Gifts, under the supervision of the Senior Director, Advancement Communications, Events and Stewardship, and the Director of Principal Gifts will create communications pieces for the Principal Gifts team.
Key Responsibility 1:
- Research, write, proofread, and edit solicitation letters, briefing documents, proposals, reports, stewardship communications, general correspondence, presentations, and other materials required to support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Principal Gifts donors and prospects.
- Format written proposals in adherence with IIT graphic quality standards using design software.
- Perform related research activities, and conduct interviews with IIT faculty, staff, alumni, students, friends, and volunteers.
Percentage of Time 1: 70%
Key Responsibility 2:
- As project manager, oversee details of multiple communications projects, balance priorities, and meet project deadlines and deliverables in collaboration with the Principal Gifts team, the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, and other project owners and stakeholders within IA and across the university.
Percentage of Time 2: 20%
Key Responsibility 3
- All other assignments and duties as determined by the Senior Director, Advancement Communications, Events and Stewardship and the Director of Principal Gifts.
Percentage of Time 3: 10%
- The Senior Writer will be responsible for heavy written, verbal, and electronic communications. Duties will require interaction with both internal (faculty, staff and students) and external (donors, prospects and alumni) contacts.
- This position provides internal customer service and will work collaboratively with IA colleagues and partners across the university to produce a variety of communications pieces.
- The Senior Writer will provide external customer service in the creation of correspondence and messaging for strategic collateral materials targeted at external constituencies (donors, prospects, and alumni).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline required.
- Minimum of five years professional writing and editing experience required.
- Experience writing, planning, executing, and evaluating communications vehicles is essential.
- University development, alumni relations, and communications experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills required, with the ability to establish standards of quality, to communicate those standards clearly, and to assess the effectiveness of communications based on those standards.
- Strong decision-making skills along with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Must be discrete and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred.
To apply, follow this link to the IIT employment site.