Although the exact dates change from year to year, the Club is anchored by six main events — four Board meetings, the Alumnae Spotlight, and the May Day Brunch. Club members also host a variety of smaller events — salons/teas, networking events, arts outings, etc — as occasions arise.
Keep an eye on your email and the Club’s main blog for notice of exact dates and upcoming special events. And, if you’re interested in hosting an event please don’t hestitate to contact us!
Annual Event Descriptions
Annual Board Meeting & Club Brunch – June
- The Annual Board Meeting is held in June, and is hosted at an alumna’s home. All Chicago alumnae are invited to join the Board for brunch, discussion of the quarterly agenda, and election of Officers for the upcoming year.
Fall Board Meeting – August/September
- The Fall Board Meeting is held September, and is hosted at an alumna’s home. All Chicago alumnae are invited to join the Board for light refreshments and discussion of the quarterly agenda.
Alumnae Spotlight – October/November
- The Alumnae Spotlight usually takes place in late Fall, and has been hosted in a variety of fine dining locations around Chicago. Every year, the Board invites a local alumna to share her story; past Spotlight speakers have presented on everything from founding a microbrewery to working at the Onion. Registration for this event typically runs about $30 ($15 for recent alumnae) per person.
Winter Board Meeting and Bi-Co Potluck Dinner – January
- The Bi-Co Winter Dinner–historically a potluck–is held in early January, and is hosted at a Bryn Mawr alumna’s home. Join fellow Bryn Mawr/Haverford alumni and current students for an evening of delicious food and delightful conversation in a relaxed setting. All Chicago Bryn Mawr alumnae are invited to join the Board prior to the potluck for discussion of the quarterly agenda.
Spring Board Meeting – March
- The Spring Board Meeting is typically held in March, and is hosted at an alumna’s home. All Chicago alumnae are invited to join the Board for light refreshments and discussion of the quarterly agenda.
May Day Potluck Brunch – May
- The May Day Potluck Brunch is held at or around the first Sunday in May, and is hosted at the home of an alumnae. This is a relaxed, family-friendly event, with a wide array of great company, fine food, and delicious beverages — and, weather permitting, a chance to get outside and enjoy the sun!